Finally, the snow stopped falling and we were able to send the balloon up. It was surprisingly successful. We attached a fishing line as a tether, which limited the altitude to about 150-200 feet. When the balloon came down, it dropped like a limp handkerchief.
3 comments:
OH MAN, OH MAN!! What a gorgeous sight!! And against that blue sky: WOW!!
And seeing Jamey G. jumping up and down just before the launch was a big PLUS!!
I've got more length of monofilament that will never see saltwater again. I'd like to see it go higher!
Love, Happy Old Great Grumpy Z
Oh, and I forgot to turn up my sound the first time. I just watched it again and this time with the sound turned up. GREAT!!
What a thrill to be in on the excitement of this great event. Being able to see the action and hear excitement in the voices made it seem like I was really there. I am sure it took a long time, in the cold air, to get this ready to launch, so I want you to know I appreciate your efforts so I could be in on this thrill in the comfort of a warm living room. Congratulations to all the participants, and the spectators who enjoyed it.
Post a Comment